|Fax Server Pro Version 3.x
The modem works
fine in Windows Fax and Scan, but Fax Server Pro?/ How to manually
correct init string?
If you found the Fax Server Pro cann't work
right on your system, but the Windows Fax and Scan service. You may
try using an initialization string which uses in Windows Fax and
Scan to correct this. Please try the following:
- Install Fax Services in your computer, Refer this page(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306550).
- Send a testing Fax by using the Windows Fax and Scanner. Refer
this page( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306657)
- In Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound,
and then click Phone and Modem Options.
- On the Modems tab, click the modem you
installed, and then click Properties.
- Click the Change Settings button, if the
button is present on the General tab. If the
User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm
that the action it displays is what you want, and then click
If the Change settings button is not present, the
modem does not support the ability to change modem settings. Refer
to the documentation provided by your modem vendor.
- Click the Diagnostics tab.
- In Logging, select the Append to
Log check box if you are working on a computer running
Windows Vista or the Record a Log check box
if you are working on a computer running Windows
- Click View Log if it is enabled, the
Notepad will be launched and displays the
ModemLog_Model.txt (Model is the
name of the modem as it appears in the list of installed modems on
the Modems tab of Phone and Modem
Options), delete all logs, and then save the file.
- Click OK button to close the
Properties dialog box.
- Launch the Windows Fax and Scan to send a test
- As soon as the fax is sent, open the
Properties again, select the
Diagnostics tab, and then click View
Log button, the
ModemLog_Model.txt file will be displayed
- Try this Init string in Fax Server Pro, please
refer to How to correct
the Modem initialization string?
|Copyright © 2007-2010 Joyhong Software